I really hope you’re all doing okay. I know that there is a lot of fear, confusion, and uncertainty going around right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It seems like such a small think but I wanted to send my love and support to all of you – I know it’s a difficult time. My university is closed right now and I’m finding it incredibly hard to do anything. Funny how now that I finally have enough time to sit down and read I find that that’s the last thing I’m capable of at the moment. If you can, please stay in your home. I know it’s tough, but flattening the curve is our only hope to ride out this pandemic. So pick up an audiobook, or a print book, or an ebook, or play some video games, or watch a lot of YouTube or Netflix. Video call your friends and family. Bake a lot of cookies and cakes. Anything! Just stay in.
Here are some suggestions of the above things you can do:
– Maggie Stiefvater has a lot of her books on Spotify as audiobooks!
– The Nightblade Epic Podcast reads a chapter of their book every week, and they already have a few chapters up!
– There are a lot more options on Spotify, but I’m sure there’s also options on Stitcher or other podcast apps!
– Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell
– The City (USA Today)
– Someone Knows Something (CBC)
– My Dad Wrote a Porno
– Crooked Conversations
– The Jenna & Julien Podcast
– On My Block
– Sex Education
– Avatar the Last Airbender
– Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
– Bon Appetit (also good if you’re looking for cooking/baking inspiration)
– Jenna Marbles
– Julien Solomita
– Try Guys
– Mike’s Mic
– Trixie & Katya (UNHHhhh & I Like To Watch)
– Polygon’s Unraveled series with BDG
– your TBR pile
Again, I can’t stress the importance of staying home. Stay home except for once a week when you go out to get groceries/the essentials! We all need to do our part, and I believe that we can get through this!
If you need any book or movie suggestions feel free to shoot me a message on my Instagram @wordspagesbooks (I’m more likely to respond there than through my email!).
Stay safe everyone, and we’ll get through this together ❤
ps: the header is from @recipesforselflove on Instagram!